An Unplanned Day at the Beach!

Yesterday I was supposed to do some agility with friends. Last week I went all the way out there and left my lights on in the car, so everyone had to wait around while I waited for a tow truck to find us in the middle of an orange grove.

This week I trekked all the way out there but my directions I had printed out from map quest missed one CRITICAL turn, so I found myself almost in Sacramento. I got stuck going up the grape vine where there is apparently no way to turn around, no offramps for long periods of time and I have never been in that area. Ughghghg, my friends have to think I am such a nim rod. I was so far away that I could never make it to the field before there were other people scheduled to use it, I felt like I had been driving for days, and it is stressful not having any clue where you are....so I figured it was a good time to remember when live hands you lemons you gotta try to make lemonade.

Luckily it was close to the Contact Point Ranch, so I asked Karen if she would mind if I stopped by to work on shaping Cricket to get measured nicely with a wicket and if I could use her aframe. When we got to the ranch the sheep were being sheared, so I watched them, visited with Karen, got to say Hi to Cherry, my buddy that lived with us for quite awhile Then we went and played at the agility yard. BY THE BY......Near as I can tell even with the wicket Cricket is just right on the line of being 18 inches, sometimes I got 17 3/4, sometimes right below 18 and sometimes just scotch over 18. I think she could jump 20 nicely but it sure would be nice to have the option ;-).


When we got done at the ranch Breeze/Cricket/Liz and I headed to the beach. Is there anything that ales a person that the beach can not make better? It was hot everywhere else, but gorgeous at the beach. I did not see another person the entire time I was there, it was about as perfect as it gets.




AFRAME PROGRESS
We are now at full height and sequencing after the aframe. What Rachel Sanders says is that you sequence after the aframe first with some front crosses and pushes because when you start sequencing TOO the aframe you will have some off balance tries as the dog works to figure out how to handle their body. Well, I have seen a few of those hits where instead of landing with the first hit, getting all four feet down then pushing into the second hit of the aframe, ....Cricket sort of flies over the aframe a little too hard, ends up trying to save it and just puts her front feet down then passes her back feet past the front and sort of falls into the box. I have only seen one of two of those so I figure she is just trying to work it all out now that we are adding in more factors.
The other funny thing is the last 3 new aframes we have tried, Cricket has rushed right past the aframe like she does not see it. It is the same set up each time, and I do it in the same manner and seriously most aframes look pretty similar and are hard to miss. OOOH Cricket.
Overall I am very happy and it is going FANTASTICALLY!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmQTz377dAE

WEAVE CHALLENGE:
A couple more people are up for the challenge, anyone can join anytime of course. Dare and Marie are going to take up the challenge ihttp://www.dare2train.com/2011/06/weave-pole-challenge/ and got their first jump position done and they look FANTASTIC, check out their send and Jive and Geraldine, Jive is Crickets fantastic brother who is an amazing dog-Cricket loves her brother!
Also Amber gave me critique and on the recalls she says they do them from about eight feet in front of the poles and face the poles, so ....I will have to do it that way the next time we work on them! ;-).

Blogroll

Sek Securities
Ebook Central Library
Alternative Medicine
Dream Positive
Law and Politics
Real Estate Marketplace
Vegetarian Recipes and Cooking
Drivers Training Guide
Health Care Professionals
Interior Design Services
motoriskola.info
oldhousejournal.info
provocateur.info
Emergency Cash Loans
Brain Radiation Treatment
Construction Jobs and Careers
Business Funding Solutions
Prescription Drug Information
Drug Rehabilitation care
Better Economy Calculator
Printing Supplies and Accessories
Sports Training Academy
Western Inc
Chinese Rehabilitation Center
Chinese Treatment Centre
Golden Pacific Apartment
Human Rights Watch
Business Travel Industry
Healthy During Pregnancy
Top Media Agencies
Auto Dealer and Business
Liberty Capital Financial
Auto Parts and Auto Accessories
Educational Ideals
Automotive Mechanic
Holiday Vacations and Travel
Weddings and Honeymoons
Home Repair Projects
Manufacture Real Estate Investing
Entertainment Express
Employees Insurance Agency
Diet and Fitness Tips
Architectural Design on Real Estate
Jewelry and Accessories
Journal of Health Medical Informatics
Nights and Holiday
Recreational Sports and Facilities
generation
Top Media Agencies Automotive Mechanic Recreational Sports and Facilities Teahouse Restaurant Healthy Families and Relationships Better Homes and Gardens Moving and Storage Services Greener Business Lawyer and Attorney Careers Best Business Opportunities Cosmetic Surgery and Plastic Surgery Website Design and Online Marketing Planning Strategy for Writing High and Low Finance Home and Property Insurance anabolic steroids
dietpittsburgh
loseweightpittsburgh
notquietart
mswlea
fatlosspittsburgh
bmipittsburgh
allstonbrighton
nutrisystpittsburgh
obesitypittsburgh
calmart
personaltrainerspittsburgh
jenycraipittsburgh
curvepittsburgh
richardsandgeorgia
robsonandrichards
News Fashion
Auto Insurance
Business Online
Prevent Drugs
Computer Society
Wedding Ring Jewelry
Austria hotel deals
Computer games USA
Studio Design Decorative
Journalism Careers
Gaming Accessories Computing
Business Strategy Consultant
Cefori Technologies Information
Physics and Astronomy
Legal Defense and Educational
pay day loans
life insurance quotes
Credit Loans (finance)
Foreign Auto Parts
Health and Fitness
Drug abuse effects
Destination hotels and resorts
Professional Financial Marketing
Personal Finance
Computers and Technology
Auto Insurance
Real Estate Property
Computer Graphics Technology
Home Improvement
Arts music schools
Online Education Classes
Hotel and Travel
Security development program
Business auto loans
Medical And Public Health Organizations
Land and Homes